Foreman – Civil — All locations
Civil : Across Canada, EBC’s expertise is deployed on infrastructure projects such as bridge construction or repair, roads and highways, tunnels, wharves or piers. Our ability to deliver results within deadlines and budgets, as well as our extensive industry proficiency, enables us to take part in numerous major projects, including the construction of the new Champlain Bridge.
Our division is recognized for its large-scale achievements, such as: hydroelectric projects, windmill parks, mining works, roads, bridges, municipal services and maritime works.
Under the superintendent’s supervision, the foreman manages all activities related to the execution of construction work.
Working at EBC means being part of a thriving company that operates in a variety of sectors across Canada. Its also means working for a company concerned about the health and well-being of its employees by offered them a variety of actions and programs.
Want to join forces with a talented and dynamic team? Are you looking for an enjoyable work environment with excellent working conditions? EBC is the ideal place to take on new challenges and advance your career.
- supervise the work team;
- being responsible for the quality of work and the delivery of work in limited time;
- prepare and plan the necessary material resources for the work;
- ensure the implementation and enforcement of the health and safety policies at work;
- participating in site meetings;
- completing the log sheet of the work and quantities.
- 5 years experience in a construction trade;
- knowledge of the laws of construction;
- having a good knowledge of equipment, execution standards and work methods.
Skills and attitudes required
- good planning and organization;
- ability to act quickly and efficiently;
- having a motivating and unifying spirit;
- ability to communicate effectively;
- being in good physical ability and resistance to stress;
- desire for challenge.
Conditions offered by EBC
- a competitive salary;
- 4-weeks’ vacation per year;
- a comprehensive group insurance program accessible upon hiring (health & dental component paid by the employer);
- a group RRSP program with an employer contribution to a DPSP;
- an employee assistance program;
- an active social club;
- a friendly and stimulating work environment;
- large-scale projects;
- company «recognized as one of the 2019 Best Managed Companies in Canada».
Are you up
for the challenge?
In accordance with our policy, we will communicate only with the selected candidates for an interview.