Superintendent – Building — All locations
Building: Thanks to an expertise constantly evolving since 1968, we have exceptional know-how for every type of construction project and we have the advantage of being both diversified and specialized. Mindful of costs, deadlines, health and safety, and the environment, we apply the strictest standards of the industry in each of our activity sectors.
Each project is unique in its design, context, schedule and budget. When analyzing and controlling these factors, we are able to suggest an effective work method that fits the client’s specific expressed needs, priorities and requirements.
Though we are recognized for large-scale projects such as office buildings, hospitals and research centers, educational institutions, residential buildings, hotels, shopping malls, factories and sports and cultural centers, our team excels in unique mandates such as renovations, restorations or upgrades. Whether these are in Traditional, Construction management, Design-Build or Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) contracting methods, we work with the same rigor to exceed customers’ expectations.
Under the project manager’s supervision, the superintendent leads a work team and ensures the good running of work on site.
Working at EBC means being part of a thriving company that operates in a variety of sectors across Canada. Its also means working for a company concerned about the health and well-being of its employees by offered them a variety of actions and programs.
Want to join forces with a talented and dynamic team? Are you looking for an enjoyable work environment with excellent working conditions? EBC is the ideal place to take on new challenges and advance your career.
- managing all activities related to the execution of construction work;
- correctly interpret plans and specifications to ensure compliance with the schedule;
- informing the project manger with the subcontractor’s performance;
- ensure the quality log work performed;
- ensure the implementation and enforcement of the health and safety policies at work;
- participating in site meetings;
- completing the log sheet of the work and quantities.
- 15 years experience in a construction trade;
- having a technical diploma in civil engineering is an asset;
- knowledge of the laws of construction;
- having a good knowledge of: equipment, execution standards, work methods.
Skills and attitudes required
- good planning and organization;
- ability to act quickly and efficiently;
- having a motivating and unifying spirit;
- being in good physical ability and resistance to stress.
Conditions offered by EBC
- a competitive salary;
- 4-weeks’ vacation per year;
- a comprehensive group insurance program accessible upon hiring (health & dental component paid by the employer);
- a group RRSP program with an employer contribution to a DPSP;
- an employee assistance program;
- an active social club;
- a friendly and stimulating work environment;
- large-scale projects;
- company «recognized as one of the 2019 Best Managed Companies in Canada».
Are you up
for the challenge?
In accordance with our policy, we will communicate only with the selected candidates for an interview.