New Champlain Bridge Corridor Project
In order to replace the actual Champlain Bridge, Signature on the Saint Lawrence Group, which proudly includes EBC, has been tasked with the design, construction, financing, operations and maintenance of the New Champlain Bridge Corridor Project. This initiative represents one of North America’s biggest worksite and is being conducted under a public-private partnership agreement with the Government of Canada. The project includes:
- The construction of the new 3.4-kilometre Champlain Bridge across the St-Lawrence River, with a 125-years design life.
- A new 470-metre bridge connecting Montreal to Nun’s Island.
- The widening of Highway 15 between the Atwater interchange and the new bridge.
- The improvement of the ramps leading from Highways 132 and 10 on the South Shore to the bridge.
- Activity Sector Infrastructures
- Client Infrastructures Canada
- Year 2015-2018
- Engineers SNC-Lavalin / TY Lin International / International Bridge Technologies / MMM Group SNC- Lavalin /ACS / HOCHTIEF
- Architect ARUP, Dissing+Weitling, Provencher Roy
- Other Stakeholders Dragados Canada / Flatiron Constructors Canada / SNC- Lavalin / ACS / HOCHTIEF