Safety Officer — All locations
Health and Safety : In order to continue meeting our needs in a growth environment, EBC is looking for a safety advisor who will be responsible for ensuring that safety measures are taken to protect the health and safety of every day-to-day worker on the construction site.
The purpose of the security officer is to ensure that security measures are taken to protect the health and safety of all people at work on our sites.
Working at EBC means being part of a thriving company that operates in a variety of sectors across Canada. Its also means working for a company concerned about the health and well-being of its employees by offered them a variety of actions and programs.
Want to join forces with a talented and dynamic team? Are you looking for an enjoyable work environment with excellent working conditions? EBC is the ideal place to take on new challenges and advance your career.
- support the Project Manager and Superintendent in the development of programmanagement health and safety;
- ensuring the implementation and monotoring of the health and safety management program;
- identify hazards associated with workstations, processes and equipment to ensure that stakeholders can develop safe work procedures, if applicable;
- review and approve subcontractor’s prevention programs;
- responsible for the welcoming of construction workers;
- documenting daily operations at the site by recording its audits, inspections and accident investigations in the computerized system for the management of safety;
- intervene when there is a risk of accident and investigate the aftermath of an accident;
- lead the health and safety comitee and safety breaks;
- maintaning all records specific to safety audit, namely : the host registry, safety work procedures, disciplinary action.
- holding a certificate of construction safety officer recongnized by the CNESST (for Qc only);
- knowlegde of the laws and regulations related to construction safety;
- one year minimum experience as a security officer.
Skills and attitudes required
- ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships;
- be able to respond in difficult situations;
- high availability and mobility;
- having a motivating and unifying spirit.
Conditions offered by EBC
- permanent full time position;
- project site/field working conditions;
- a competitive salary;
- 4-weeks’ vacation per year;
- a comprehensive group insurance program (health and dental plan paid by employer);
- an employee assistance program;
- a friendly and stimulating work environment;
- large-scale projects;
- company «recognized as one of the 2019 Best Managed Companies in Canada».
Are you up
for the challenge?
In accordance with our policy, we will communicate only with the selected candidates for an interview.