Superintendent – Civil — All locations
Civil : Across Canada, EBC’s expertise is deployed on infrastructure projects such as bridge construction or repair, roads and highways, tunnels, wharves or piers. Our ability to deliver results within deadlines and budgets, as well as our extensive industry proficiency, enables us to take part in numerous major projects, including the construction of the new Champlain Bridge.
Our division is recognized for its large-scale achievements, such as: hydroelectric projects, windmill parks, mining works, roads, bridges, municipal services and maritime works.
Under the project manager’s supervision, the superintendent leads a work team and ensures the good running of work on site.
Working at EBC means being part of a thriving company that operates in a variety of sectors across Canada. Its also means working for a company concerned about the health and well-being of its employees by offered them a variety of actions and programs.
Want to join forces with a talented and dynamic team? Are you looking for an enjoyable work environment with excellent working conditions? EBC is the ideal place to take on new challenges and advance your career.
- managing all activities related to the execution of construction work;
- correctly interpret plans and specifications to ensure compliance with the schedule;
- dividing the work among his work team;
- informing the project manger with the subcontractor’s performance;
- ensure the quality log work performed;
- ensure the implementation and enforcement of the health and safety policies at work;
- participating in site meetings;
- completing the log sheet of the work and quantities.
- 15 years experience in a construction trade;
- having a technical diploma in civil engineering is an asset;
- knowledge of the laws of construction;
- having a good knowledge of: equipment, execution standards, work methods.
Skills and attitudes required
- good planning and organization;
- ability to act quickly and efficiently;
- having a motivating and unifying spirit;
- being in good physical ability and resistance to stress.
Conditions offered by EBC
- Permanent full time position
- a competitive salary;
- 4-weeks’ vacation per year;
- a comprehensive group insurance program accessible upon hiring (health & dental component paid by the employer);
- a group RRSP program with an employer contribution to a DPSP;
- an employee assistance program;
- an active social club;
- a friendly and stimulating work environment;
- large-scale projects;
- company «recognized as one of the 2019 Best Managed Companies in Canada».
Are you up
for the challenge?
In accordance with our policy, we will communicate only with the selected candidates for an interview.