The new building of approximately 8000 m² is erected on a vacant portion of the parking lot at the back of the existing administration building and courthouse. The new 6-storey building consists of 2 levels of walkway to the adjacent courthouse. One passge connects to the west façade of the existing courthouse to respect the existing private circulation of the judiciary. Another level of footbridge provides access from the existing ground floor rooms to the courtroom area of the new building. The rental spaces in this new building house various departments and organizations. The building is aiming for LEED® silver certification.
- Challenging access, control and security.
- Innovative shell materials (machined insulated metal panels).
- Tight coordination, building in operation.
- Concrete structure and pile foundation.
- Activity Sector Institutional
- Client Société québécoise des infrastructures (SQI)
- Year 2016-2018
- Value $23,105,000
- Engineers SDK, Pageau Morel, CLA
- Architect BBBL & ACDF
- Realisation Mode Design-build